Houston DWI Attorney Wants You to Know Your Rights
Know Your Rights – This is probably the most important advice any lawyer can give. Knowing your rights in a DWI or DUI case could mean the difference between conviction and acquittal. Houston DWI attorney Clyde Burleson has been successfully defending those charged with DUI or DWI in Houston for years. He knows your rights under the law and will fight to protect them.
If you are arrested for any DWI, DUI or any other criminal offense in the state of Texas it is important to remember that you have rights under the law and to exercise them. How you should exercise these rights depends on a number of factors, since each situation is unique.
What you should know is that any infringement of these rights, such as the improper collection of evidence, could result in the evidence against you being ruled inadmissible and the charges against you being dropped.
Know Your Rights:
- You have the right to remain silent.
- You have the right to refuse to perform roadside sobriety tests, such as a hand-held breath tester.
- You have the right not to give a blood sample without a search warrant.
- You have the right to turn down a plea bargain.
- You have the right to hire an attorney to represent you.
- You have the right to a Driver’s License Revocation Hearing.
- You have the right to appeal any judgment made against you.
If you’ve been arrested on DWI or DUI charges in Houston you need a lawyer who knows your rights and will fight to protect them. Houston DWI lawyer Clyde Burleson has successfully defended hundreds of DWI or DUI cases and will insure that your rights have not been violated. Clyde has served as an Assistant District Attorney and as one of the chief prosecutors for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, so he knows first-hand how the prosecution works and thinks. In addition, Houston DWI attorney Clyde Burleson knows and understands the scientific techniques and equipment used in a DWI charge.
Don’t lose your case because you fail to fully exercise your rights under the law. If you are in need legal representation for a DWI or DUI arrest, contact Houston DWI defense attorney Clyde Burleson today at 713-628-1503.